Situated on a low E-W ridge. Aerial photograph (GB89.J.35) shows the cropmark of a curvilinear enclosure (diam. c. 50-55m) defined by a slight fosse, with a contiguous lunate annexe (dims c. 60m E-W; c. 20m N-S) defined by a single fosse attached on the N side. The annex is partly overlain by the cropmark of a plough-levelled ornamental diamond-shaped feature that is marked on the 1836 edition of the OS 6-inch map as part of the formerly more extensive ornamental grounds surrounding Tullyard House.
Compiled by: Dr Gillian Barrett for the Archaeological Survey of Ireland.
Date of upload: revised 17 April 2019Description Source: Department of Housing, Local Government & Heritage