This is the present locaiton for a Rathdown-type slab from Tully church, Laughanstown (DU026-023011-). In 1870 it was recorded as standing half-buried to the south of the nave of the church. It bears a Latin ringed cross in slight relief (L 1.05m, Wth 0.55m, T 0.13m) with a small cupmark on each arm and one at the intersection. There is a semi-spherical boss under each arm and herringbone design at the base. (Ó hÉalidhe 1973, 56-57). The slab was taken into storage by the OPW in 1989 (Swords 2009, 135).
Compiled by: Paul Walsh
Date of upload: 19 September 2014Description Source: Department of Housing, Local Government & Heritage