Remains of 'Whitecastle or Snowtown castle' incorporated into Naul Park House. Original castle thought to have been built by Richard Caddell in the 13th century. The Caddell family were evicted by Cromwells General De Fyne in 1649. Naul Park House was built adjoining the E of the castle c. 1800. The entire house was demolished in the 1980s. Ground floor footings remain.(pers. comms. Mr Colin Byrne, Briarleas, County Meath).
Compiled by Geraldine Stout
Date of upload: 13/03/2012Description Source: Department of Housing, Local Government & Heritage