Located on a steep E and NE-facing slope. St Patrick’s church at Tullock is described in Dopping’s visitation (1682-5) as a chapel in Stamullin parish that was out of repair with an unenclosed graveyard (ME034-013001-) (Ellison 1971, 35). The precise location of the church and graveyard is not known but they may have been close to where the village of Tullog was, as indicated on the 1836 ed. of the OS 6-inch map. The head of a window (ME034-014----) from the church is built into a well in Tullog. Part of Herbertstown townland was originally part of Tullog townland until the 1850s when the boundary was altered. (Pers. comm. Mr Colin Byrne, Briarleas, county Meath).
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revised upload: 10 March, 2015Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.