Situated on a slight NE-SW ridge. A church site is shown on the Down Survey (1656-8) barony map of Duleek at a point that is W or SW of a SW extension of Knocklane townland, now called Knockisland, which is now in Prioryland. There are remains of a quarry and a relict field system at this location but there is no evidence of a church, and there is no record of one. It is likely that the map-makers intended St Cianán's church (ME027-038013-) or the Augustinian priory of St. Michael (ME027-038011-), which are not marked on the Down Survey map, although these are on the other side of the SSW-NNE Nanny River. For the Down Survey map see this web-page accessed on 11 May, 2015: http://downsurvey.tcd.ie/down-survey-maps.php#bm=Duleek&c=Meath
Compiled by: Michael Moore
Date of revised upload: 11 March, 2015Description Source: National Monuments Service, Department of Arts, Heritage Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.